Nevermind that I am supposed to be watching my carb intake. We are now entering the season of comfort food and while I made this early on in the season file this away under quick and easy comfort food.
The 2 cans of crescent rolls you will need to make this don’t fit into the healthy category but the flaky buttery goodness was so worth it.
Start with 3 cups of chopped chicken breast. I simply seasoned and browned mine in olive oil. Once they were fully cooked I put them in my mixer to shred.
Once the chicken is shredded mix in your veggies, marscapone, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
Now is the time to roll out two rolls of crescent dough. Overlap them and press together to seal.
I have learned that aluminum foil and parchment paper do not function in the same capacity. I mean you can use the foil but you’ll be happier with the parchment paper. Trust me.
Now comes the fun part of lying the mixture in the middle of the crescent dough. Once you have it laid out, try to ignore the perforations and make your own tiny slits and alternate lying them across the mixture to create the braid.
Sorry, forgot to get a picture of the before braid. But here is the after.
This was my first time ever making a braid and I was pleased with how it turned out. Even if I wasn’t, the taste would’ve made up for it.
Here’s the recipe.
- 8+ oz frozen garden vegetables
- 3 cups Cooked Chopped Chicken Breast
- 1.5 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Marscapone Cheese
- 3 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 Cans Refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheets
- I Beaten Egg White
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Microwave or steam frozen vegetables
- Mix vegetables, chicken, and cheeses in a large bowl. Once mixed add in Italian seasoning
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and unroll the dough sheets.
- Place mixture down the middle of the dough sheets. (Try to keep as flat as possible)
- Put small 1 inch slits on each side of the dough
- Alternate crossing the strips over the mixture until the braid is complete
- Brush the completed braid with egg white
- Bake for 22-28 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown
- E N J O Y!