On days when I just don’t feel like it, I always try at the very least to put on lipstick. Something about lipstick makes me feel put together even if the sheer truth of the matter is I look a mess. See, I’m a firm believer that when you feel put together your day tends to follow the same trajectory and something as small as a good pair of leggings in lieu of the ones that you’ve been wearing around the house all week really do wonders for your mood.
Looking fancy at all times isn’t most people’s reality but comfort, affordability and function are. Looking put together doesn’t have to be hard if you keep 10 essentials on hand, that thrown on will instantly make you look and feel stylish. If you are going to wear sweatpants and tee shirts, spend a few extra dollars to purchase items that are flattering and work for you.
Stylishly transition to fall with these 10 essentials that will make you look put together with minimal effort.
- Floppy Hat | Nobody is immune from a bad hair day. Truly nothing that a cute hat can’t fix – Unlikely Market
- Blanket Scarves | These are perfect for dressing up a mundane outfit – Unlikely Market
- Nice Jeans | You pick the fit, boyfriend, skinny, wide leg, whatever. A good pair of jeans can fix a multitude of frumpies – H&M
- Graphic Tees | These abound everywhere for good reason. Make a statement and be cute – Lookface via Amazon
- Jacket | You need a cute jacket. Find one that is cute and can be dressed up or down – H&M
- Flats | Spend the money and get a good pair in a neutral color – DSW
- Sweatpants | Somedays you just want to be comfortable – H&M
- Statement Necklace | a cute pair of stud earrings and necklace go a long way – Unlikely Market
- Leggings | These are another item where if you spend a little more they last longer and feel so good – H&M
- Tennis Shoes | A cute pair is a must. Black is even better because they last longer and hide dirt – Puma
If you purchase a few of these items you can easily create a comfy capsule wardrobe that will keep you looking stylish on a whim.