I was compensated for this post. All opinions are mine.
When Addison insisted on watching Brave 2,894,812 times I just hit play again, again, and again figuring it was some sort of karma for making my father watch the Little Mermaid with me an equal amount of time many days back in the 80s/90s.
Let me tell you, you know you’ve watched a movie a million times if you are 40 and can still quote it word for word. THIRTY years ago The Little Mermaid hit big screens and in honor of this milestone the movie is being released on 4K Ultra HD and BLU-RAY for the first time.
Nothing says parenting like doing things with your child that you did as a kid. Addison and I spent an evening in the theater singing along with the movie. I’m surprised she knew the songs as well as she did. I’m telling you, there will be many nights watching this classic with my girl.
Things tend to get better with time and that includes this new and improved version of The Little Mermaid.
This release on
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
- Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
I thoroughly enjoy spending time with Addison, she’s so full of joy. I’m looking forward to many more Little Mermaid movie nights with her!
What was your favorite movie as a child?