My friends at Nubian Heritage sent me their new aluminum free deodorant line. I’m happy to share it with you!
I’m going to keep it all the real, the first time I tried natural deodorant, I was like nope, this isn’t going to work. Sis was funky, not to mention I was sweating under my arms… like could feel the water dripping sweating, and it was driving me absolutely crazy.
After reading up on the dangers of aluminum found in traditional deodorants I decided to give it another try,
but I still drink soda. I’m still not completely comfortable with the “sweatiness” under my arms but I’m getting used to it. To be honest, I keep an extra deodorant in my car and purse along with some wipes for the days when the sweatiness needs a little readjustment. However, I will say I’ve had to dip in the secret stash less and less as my body adjusts.
I’ve heard similar sentiments from other people who have made the switch, and “can’t do it”. Nubian Heritage sent me a few samples from their aluminum-free
Nubian Heritage has quite an assortment of scents in their
Listen, I’m not saying these tips will make the transition easier, but at least you’ll know to push through and things will get better.
- Be okay with sweating! Yes, you read that right, especially under the arms. It is your body’s way of releasing toxins and helps cool your body.
- Wear natural fibers like cotton and silk. When the temps are high, these fabrics will keep you cool.
- Drink a lot of water when transitioning. It will flush your system, and keep you hydrated.
- You know your body best, however, it is recommended you not wear deodorant for a few days to give your body time to rid itself of the aluminum before moving to a natural deodorant.
- Use a clay mask on your underarm area once a week to remove dead skin that can trap odor.
- Be patient, give your body time to adjust. You may experience more sweating during the transition but after 2-3 weeks you should return to feeling normal.
JennyFebruary 14, 2020 at 4:51 pm
Love the tip about accepting sweat lol its such an important way our body detoxes! That makes deodorants with aluminium twice as bad really, toxic ingredient, plus it stops the body from detoxing through sweat. Natural Deodorants for the win!