One pot meals are everything when it comes to getting dinner served quickly during the week. Monday – Thursday is the busiest part of our week so easy dinners are a must. They are a great way for me to prepare dinner ahead of time so I’ve been experimenting a bit with a few and this chicken and sausage dirty rice recipe will be added to the rotation indefinitely. It’s a great alternative to the famous beef and broccoli recipe we all love.
One Pot Chicken and Sausage Dirty Rice
I adapted this recipe from The Chunky Chef and made it a little milder for the kids.
- C H I C K E N M A R I N A D E
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Onion
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- R E M A I N I N G I N G R E D I E N T S
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Package Turkey Sausage Links
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Diced Onion
- 1 cup DRY long-grain rice
- 2 1/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- Salt and Pepper to your personal taste
- C H I C K E N M A R I N A D E D I R E C T I O N S
- Mix all of the ingredients together to make a paste. Rub your chicken thighs with the paste
- C O O K I N G D I R E C T I O N S
- Brown cut up sausage in a bit of olive oil. Once cooked remove from pot
- Add more olive oil to pan if necessary, sear chicken thighs on each side. Remove when browned
- Saute onions and bell pepper, stirring up brown bits from chicken and sausage
- Once vegetables have browned add in rice and give a good stir
- Add in chicken broth and bring to a slow simmer
- Put chicken thighs back into pan tucking them into the rice and top with sausage
- Place lid on pot and place in oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until all liquid has cooked into the rice
Cook With Me: Chicken and Sausage Dirty Rice Video
The steps to this chicken and sausage dirty rice may seem like a lot. My cook with me video on Youtube shows you just how easy the steps are. Take a look!
Enjoy! Be sure to connect with me on social to let me know how it turned out if you try it!